Are you considering hypnotherapy as a career?
Do you like helping people heal while also earning a good living?
Then you may want to know how to become a certified hypnotherapist.
We are here to help you find out which hypnotherapy training program would be the best option for you. We have compiled a list of the top 4 hypnotherapy schools that you can enroll in right now.
Each of these schools offers different kinds of hypnosis training, each with their own entry requirements and training methods. All you need to do is find a course that is a good fit and apply to start learning right away.
In this article you will learn:
- What are the benefits of hypnotherapy as a career
- What’s the difference between hypnotherapy certification and licensing
- How long does it take to become a hypnotherapist
- What is the best hypnotherapy training
What Is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy is a prevalent therapeutic practice that uses hypnosis to get clients into a state of increased suggestibility, helping them overcome their concerns and issues.
Some of the main concerns that can be resolved by using hypnotherapy include:
- Anxiety and stress
- Sleep disorders
- Eating disorders
- Pain management
- Kicking bad habits, such as smoking or drinking
- Weight loss and more
- Scarcity mindset
- Porn and masturbation addiction
Hypnotherapy is commonly used in the treatment of trauma and mental or behavioral disorders. However, there are many other instances where hypnotherapy can be applied.
A professional hypnotherapist knows how to hypnotize someone. At the same time, a hypnotherapist is also able to help their clients identify the root cause of their issues that lie in the subconscious mind and resolve them.
When the root cause is addressed, the symptoms will eventually lessen. Clients can sometimes even experience the benefits of hypnotherapy after just one session.
As a hypnotherapist, you will also be able to equip your clients with the self-hypnosis techniques that they can practice on their own to support their professional hypnotherapy sessions.
What Are The Benefits of Hypnotherapy as a Career?
These are only a few reasons that make hypnotherapy so accessible and intriguing.
Below we review some of the best hypnotherapy training schools, to help you make the right decision for your future.
How Do You Become A Certified Hypnotherapist? Hypnotherapy Certification Vs. Licensing
Career requirements for hypnotherapy certifications can vary from school to school. Let’s highlight a few necessary steps you’ll have to take.
First off, you will need to work out which hypnotherapy training course suits you best. This may depend on the school’s requirements, what they offer, how long their studies last, and so on.
Secondly, you can choose an intensive fast-track hypnotherapy course. Or if you have other commitments, you can go with a slower-paced program. The choice essentially comes down to your daily schedule.
Finally, you’ll need to determine whether your shortlisted schools are compatible with your schedule, budget, and most importantly your needs.
This might seem like the hardest part of the process. However, we’re here to guide and help you pick the school that is right for you.
Once you decide which school to enroll in, you’ll go through the hypnotherapy training. You will also need to complete your hypnotherapy coursework and supervised practice to receive a certification.
Once you’ve received your certificate, you can start working with clients right away. You can also choose to get licensed by a professional board of hypnotherapists.
Professional bodies in the UK are:
- The National Hypnotherapy Society
- The National Council for Hypnotherapy (NCH)
- General Hypnotherapy Standards Council (GHSC)
- The General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
Professional bodies in the USA are:
- American College of Hypnotherapy (ACH)
- The American Council of Hypnotist Examiners (A.C.H.E.)
- The American Association of Professional Hypnotherapists (AAPH)
- The National Board for Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists (NBCCH)
How Long Does It Take To Train to Be A Hypnotherapist?
So, how long it takes to become a certified hypnotherapist?
The truth is there is no definite answer to this question. Depending on the school you choose, you may either study from a couple of months up to a couple of years.
This depends mainly on the type of classes you will take and the amount of time you have to set aside for learning hypnosis and hypnotherapy.
Finding the right course, however, shouldn’t be a problem. There are many different online and in-person training courses to choose from. You should be able to find a school that suits your timeline and budget.
If you have a day job that you’re not ready to let go of yet, then you may choose to start with online learning. Doing so can give you the luxury of taking the course on your own time.
However, you may prefer to book time out to do practical intensive training. This will accelerate your learning and qualifications.
In the end, the choice is yours. What’s important is that you focus on what you want to achieve and then select the best option for that purpose.
Choosing A Hypnotherapy Course
We all lead different lives and have very different schedules and budgets. Thankfully, there are various hypnotherapy courses available, so you can easily find the one that’s right for you.
To find out which type of training works best for you, you can consider the following factors:
1. Traditional vs. modern hypnotherapy courses
Traditionally, conventional clinical hypnotherapy training was the only way to achieve your qualifications. However nowadays, there are many other ways to get your hypnosis certification.
You can get certified in hypnotherapy without having to go to university and study for years in order to learn the required skills to work as a hypnotherapist.
The main difference between traditional hypnotherapy schools and revolutionary new hypnotherapy courses such as Rapid Transformational Therapy® (RTT®) is that conventional schools require years of studies before you become certified.
Courses such as RTT® however, offer you the chance to learn the necessary skills in the shortest amount of time. You can receive your hypnosis certificate and start practicing hypnotherapy much sooner.
2. In-person live vs. online hypnotherapy training
Depending on the amount of time you have available, and also your location, you may decide to go with either in-person or online training. Both have their pros and cons.
In-person classes are more active and hands-on with live feedback and assessment. They also offer the chance for a student to connect more to their teacher. At the same time, students are able to work in a group with other participants.
Online training typically includes hand-picked training videos as well as live online training sessions. This provides a good place to start for busy people.
You will be getting the best material that you need to master hypnosis and hypnotherapy. Additionally, you will be able to re-watch them anytime in the future.
Online training can give you the freedom to pick your study hours and organize your time better. While live training provides accountability, community and an instant support network.
Therefore you will need to consider your available time, budget, and your preferred method of studying.
Once you decide on the type of studies you’d like to enroll in, then it’s time to take a look at which school is best suited for your needs.
To make an informed decision about your future, let’s review some of the best online and live hypnotherapy schools.
Best Online And In-Person Hypnotherapy Training Schools
Let’s start things off with one of the largest health and mental care organizations that incorporates hypnosis techniques in their practice.
They offer classes on hypnotherapy, training workshops, networking with other professionals in the field, and hypnosis certification.
You also have the option to further your studies and become an ASCH approved consultant in clinical hypnosis. This will give you the ability to offer training and counsel other professionals who wish to get trained in the field.
The ASCH offers hypnotherapy courses at various locations in the US, as well as online.
To obtain certification, you must go through 60 hours of ASCH approved hypnotherapy courses and training. You also require to have at least two years of practice in the field of hypnotherapy.
- They are an accredited institution in the field of hypnotherapy
- They offer both in-person as well as online classes
- You have the option of becoming a certified consultant and teach others
- You’ll need to renew your certification every three years and take on additional 20 hours of their hypnotherapy courses each time
- To qualify for the course, you must have at least a Master’s Degree in your chosen health field. This can be psychology, therapy, traditional medicine, counseling or social work.
The Hypnotherapy Training Institute has a unique take on the certification program. It offers busy professionals the chance to get certified in hypnotherapy by providing short course periods to suit everyone’s schedule.
The hypnotherapy course is led by Randal Churchill and Cheryl Canfield, who have taught thousands of therapists over the decades.
Their hypnotherapy course provides a lot of material over a short course of time. Each of their programs consists of four levels with five days of class each. Therefore, you will have to spend four weeks in total to receive a certification. They hold three classes a week and offer weekend classes as well.
The Hypnotherapy Training Institute courses are approved by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners.
The A.C.H.E. requires 200 hours of classes to get certified. Moreover, the school offers an additional 100 hours for those who wish to uplevel their skills and knowledge further.
- Flexible schedules
- Short course periods
- Classes are available in the US
- Month-long classes available for people who live outside the States with classes held in the San Francisco Bay area
- Eligibility for Certification by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners
- Applicants don’t need to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a chosen health-related field
- Not accredited
- Each level costs $1050 and offers 50 class hours
- Only live hypnotherapy courses are available
The Hypnosis Motivation Institute (HMI) is a nationally accredited institute of hypnotherapy. It offers hypnotherapy training programs to the Southern California area via in-person classes and to the entire world via an interactive online video training program.
The live hypnotherapy training course includes a one-year training program plus an on-campus clinical internship program. They hold classes two days a week plus supervised practice.
Additionally, the internship program allows students to start practicing hypnotherapy while they’re still learning. The program gives students an office, receptionist, pro-bono clients, and clinical supervision.
Given that their online course offers 300-course hours for students, anyone across the globe (living more than 50 miles away) can attend classes.
These classes are specifically designed for people who wish to get certified but are unable to enroll in live hypnotherapy courses.
- Students can start with no money down and no payments for 18 months
- Tuition fees can be paid in monthly installments of $97
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hours of free online training plus online quizzes and exams
- Applicants don’t need to have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a chosen health-related field
- The approximate price is $15700 for the in-person training
- Requires a lot of commitment with reports of ‘an overwhelming amount of material’ and fast-paced classes
If you want to learn all the strategies and techniques that make you a professional hypnotherapist without breaking the bank, Marisa Peer’s Rapid Transformational Therapy® training might be for you.
Marisa Peer is known as the #1 British Therapist and is internationally renowned. Her RTT® method is best known for providing much faster results than traditional therapy. RTT® offers you the chance to become a world-class hypnotherapist, even if you have no prior background, education, or experience in therapy.
This hypnotherapy course is suitable for both people who have no prior experience and those with prior knowledge of hypnotherapy. This differs from many other courses, which have pre-requirements. Some require having a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a health-related field and are therefore not suitable for many to enroll in.
Marisa Peer’s course has both practical and theoretical classes with 300 hours of training. During this time you will learn how to use hypnosis to treat all kinds of clients.
It will also give you the tools to build your own business as a hypnotherapist.
The course offers both in-person and online training, suitable for everyone’s needs.
- There are no limitations or pre-qualifications
- Marisa uses her own developed technique that brings rapid results (a unique method that you can’t learn anywhere else)
- Rapid Transformational Therapy® combines hypnotherapy with other leading techniques, including Psychotherapy, NLP, CBT and Neuroscience.
- The training includes sessions on how to build your business once you master the art of hypnosis
- The course is available online and in-person
- Very affordable
- Rapid Transformational Therapy® (RTT®) is endorsed by the General Hypnotherapy Register, the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council, the National and International Council of Psychotherapists. As well as by the American Board of Hypnotherapy, the International Association of Complementary Therapists, plus the International Institute of Complementary Therapies.
- Live trainings with the Founder Marisa Peer herself fill up fast as spaces are limited. However new dates and locations regularly get added due to popular demand. Marisa also runs live trainings around the world, with schools in America (Florida and California), Canada, Australia and the UK. There is also the option to do online training. This includes group tutoring and opportunities to practice with fellow students, so you can choose the best option for you.
Sign up for Marisa Peer’s prospectus to get more information about the Rapid Transformation Therapy ® (RTT®) training program and learn how you can become a world-class therapist now.
In summary, these are the top 4 hypnotherapy training schools that you can enroll in right now to get your career as a hypnotherapist kick-started. Each of them are very different and offer an array of educational opportunities in the field.
Choosing the right one will depend mainly on what you hope to achieve with the program and what you plan to do in the field of hypnotherapy.
So, if you’re ready to start your training and become a certified hypnotherapist, be sure to browse through the options above closely and find your perfect match today.